Summary of basic statistical information for May 2012:
- Total turnover €1.06 billion (increased by 117.8% compared to the previous month and
decreased by 43.5% compared to the same month of the previous year)
- Total ATHEX capitalization closed up at €21.43 billion, decreased by 23.1% since the previous
- Total number of securities transferred due to settlement of stock exchange transactions
amounted at 777,558,093 items increased by 82.3% compared to last month (426,575,445) and
increased by 38.8% compared to May 2011 (560.224.613 items).
- Participation of foreign investors in total market capitalization reached 53.3% compared to 52.0%
at the end of previous month.
- Foreign investors in May 2012 made 56.6% of total turnover.
- Net capital inflows from foreign investors in the Greek capital market, during May, were less than
- The number of Active investors’ Accounts reached 34.55 thousand (previous month: 22.95
- 1,825 New investors’ Accounts (previous month: 1,232 Shares)
- Losses in the price of ATHEX Composite Share Price Index by 23.4% since the beginning of the
Transactions Value in May 2012 reached €1,060.52 million, increased by 117.8% since the
previous month when transactions value reached €486.88 million. Compared to the same month of the
previous year when transactions value was €1,876.93 million there was a decrease of 43.5%.
Please click here for full details.
Download the Monthly Statistics Bulletin.