Young Markets, a new event devoted to the future of finance and opportunities therein which took place recently in Sibiu, Transylvania has announced the winners of their Inaugural Awards.
From the various new markets and products being discussed at the event, two new exchanges were awarded the Young Market Exchange of the Year Certificate of Merit recognising thought leadership and innovation in the development of markets.
• Flip Pidot, accepted the Award for the American Civics Exchange (ACE), a new prediction market based around risk transfer for political and legislative markets.
• Robert Swagger accepted the Award for Trend-Ex, a new market looking to reshape the business of commodities trading with innovative new products.
Meanwhile, amongst the speakers at the conference, Brian Taylor of BTA Consulting won the award for Best Research thanks to his fascinating discussion on the future of Bond markets while Adrian Fitzpatrick, Chief Dealer of Kames Capital was awarded Best Speech of the Conference for his insights into the Dealing Desk in 2020.
A resoundingly popular award was the Young Markets Personality of the Year Award given to Ulf Axman, Cinnober’s highly popular exchange technology sales expert.
Finally, Young Markets inaugurated a Hall of Fame.
• Teodor Ancuta, the founder of the Romanian Exchange SIBEX was inducted as the first member of the Young Markets Hall of Fame as a pioneer of free markets in the New Europe.
• Colin Howard, the founder of COMDAQ and a pioneer of commodity and electronic markets the world over was inducted for his work at the forefront of markets and technology over 4 decades.
The next Young Markets Conference will take place in Torun, Poland, June 4-6 with the second Awards dinner honouring innovation in finance on the evening of June 5th.
The Award Winners:
• Colin Howard - Life Achievement Award
• Teodor Ancuta - Life Achievement Award
• Ulf Axman - Personality of the Year Award
• American Civics Exchange - Young Market of the Year
• Trend-Ex - Young Market of the Year
• Brian Taylor - Young Markets Research Award
• Adrian Fitzpatrick - Best Speech at Young Markets