Panopticon Software, the leading provider of visual data analysis software for real-time, CEP and historical time series data, today announced 112% bookings growth for 2012, leveraging the unique capabilities of its products and the company’s domain expertise to capitalize on explosive growth in market demand for real-time visualization software.
Company executives cite several important decisions that have supported this growth, including Panopticon's embrace of HTML5 technologies for mobile deployments of its interactive analytical dashboards, and support for several new data sources, including all major CEP engines, message buses, OData sources, and databases. In Q3 2012, Panopticon released Panopticon 6, combining all of the benefits of its enterprise product with its unique Rapid Development Kit, which allows clients to embed Panopticon’s OLAP-enabled visualization tools into their own applications.
Key Growth Figures & Milestones
- Revenue growth: 2012 bookings increased by 112% over 2011.
- New clients: Panopticon added 15 major enterprise clients in 2012 and the company's data visualization tools are now in use by 95 major capital markets firms around the world.
- Growing team: Panopticon added several key people in 2012, including Markus Roithmeier, former Managing Director for QlikView Europe, and Bruno Saint-Cast, former VP European Sales for Tableau Software. The company also doubled the size of its development and professional services teams in order to cope with increased customer demand for new data connectors and visualizations, and to support the deployment of the Panopticon 6 enterprise offering.
- Expanded partnerships: The company has worked closely with its strategic partners, including SAP and Thomson Reuters, to ensure that their field sales staffs are properly trained and that their product platforms are integrated seamlessly. Panopticon’s focus on supporting and training its partners directly resulted in closing enterprise level sales with 12 of the 15 new clients the company added in 2012.
- New product: The company released several major additions to its product under the Panopticon 6 banner, including an HTML5 client supporting tablets and smartphones, a new Java Server, PDF reporting capabilities, and support for the SAP HANA in-memory appliance.
Willem De Geer, Panopticon's CEO, commented, "We had ambitious goals for 2012, and planned to build upon the momentum we began in 2011 with the release of our 5th generation product. Our sales team, working with our strategic partners, did an outstanding job of helping customers understand the value of using real-time data visualization in their applications, particularly in capital markets. Our development and consulting team delivered something special with Panopticon 6, which began shipping in Q3, and was rapidly adopted by all of our major clients. It’s no wonder that firms such as JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, Citigroup, and Citadel have validated Panopticon as their preferred solution for visualizing real time data. In fact, 12 of the 15 largest financial institutions in the world are now Panopticon clients."