- Contracts on the equity finance exchange for the fourth quarter of 2011 increased 4% versus fourth quarter 2010
- EFPs and blocks in December up 43% as compared to November 2011
OneChicago, LLC (OCX), an equity finance exchange, today announced that a total of 533,484 security futures contracts were traded in the month of December 2011.
December 2011 Highlights
- 489,584 EFPs and blocks were traded. December 2011 EFP activity represented more than $2.7 billion in notional value.
- 28% of December 2011 month-end open interest was in OCX.NoDivRisk™ products. The OCX.NoDivRisk product suite is an innovative equity finance tool which removes dividend risk from the security futures.
- 335,589 December 2011 futures valued at more than $1.3 billion were taken to delivery, emphasizing the use of single stock futures as an equity finance product.
- Open interest stood at 351,379 contracts on the equity finance exchange at the end of December 2011.
- OneChicago now lists over 2,800 products, including 400 ETFs, and more than 1,300 products in the OCX.NoDivRisk™ suite.
- OneChicago introduced the trading community to its new fee structure effective May 1, 2011, which highlights the financing benefit of single stock futures.
- OCX.RiskMan™ added a restricted stock list functionality feature, enhancing clearing firms’ risk management controls. OneChicago’s OCX.RiskMan™ is used by clearing firms to set risk controls for each OCX.BETS® access point they authorize. OCX.BETS supports the trading/reporting of blocks and Exchange Futures for Physicals (EFP) in OneChicago’s products.
- FFastFill, a leader in providing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), was certified as an independent software vendor (ISV). FFastFill customers now have direct market access to OneChicago’s fully electronic marketplace via the CBOEdirect API for order placement and related market data.
- OneChicago listed four MSCI futures on the ETFs covering Belgium, Italy, Spain, and France, in direct response to the European nations’ short selling ban. The four newly issued MSCI futures are MSCI Italy Index Fund, MSCI Spain Index Fund, MSCI France Index Fund and MSCI Belgium Investable Market Index Fund.
- October 2011 marked the one year anniversary of the OCX.NoDivRisk product suite.
- OneChicago now offers OATS OSO services for point-and-click traded EFPs.